Tuesday, November 29, 2016

The Power of Intention

There's something about being intentional.

I remember reading Napoleon Hill's Outwitting the Devil, where he goes into depth explaining drifting vs. intention. That book made a huge impact on my life.

Yesterday I noticed the power of intention in my husband.

We moved into a new house in Abilene on November 2 this year. Having given away a lot of our furniture just before we moved out here (in a travel trailer) in December last year, we have been sitting in a "pretty big empty" (M.A.S.H. fans will get this) as far as furniture goes. We've been looking, as it were, for inexpensive furniture to put in this house, as the kids are visiting after Christmas. Our looking consisted mostly of my husband finding an item on Facebook or Craigslist, sending it to me or telling me about it, and my saying, "Yeah, that's nice."

So yesterday, he became very proactive. He got up with the intention of finding a dining table and chairs. He decided to go out, look until he found, and buy. And this is exactly what he did.

When we make up our mind to accomplish a thing, we generally do it. It can be losing weight, finding a piece of furniture, or writing a blog post. I wonder, as I write this, are there forces beyond our control that we activate when we make a decision to do a thing? I don't know, but I do know that when we make a decision, we activate OURSELVES, and all the power that God has put inside of us, to accomplish that very thing.

So what are you waiting for?

Make a decision.

Take action.

Go!


Peace,

Davina

No comments:

Post a Comment