Saturday, May 23, 2015

DIY

DIY: Do a search, and you'll find everything from crafts, to home improvement, to clothes, to schooling kids.  It's so cool that we're learning to do so much for ourselves, and by ourselves.

I'm reading a book by Tom Holladay, called "The Relationship Principles of Jesus."  In Ch. 33 he speaks of DIY religion (it was written before the "DIY" craze, so he just calls it DO IT YOURSELF).  It's where we think we've got this thing all figured out; we can do it ourselves; we don't even need God.

Now, none of us would SAY, "I don't need God."  But in our hearts, we think, "I don't _________ (fill in the blank with the worst vices you can think of); I'm better off than __________ (fill in the blank with the worst people you can think of); I'm doing ok.  Surely God approves of me because I _____________ (fill in the blank with your greatest spiritual achievements, people you've helped, etc)."  Get the point?

We all need God.  The BEST that I can do or be, is still NOTHING.  I still need God.  I need Jesus.  He IS my righteousness.  I am righteous because of JESUS, not because of anything I've done or haven't done.

It's all on Him, and I can't DO IT MYSELF.

Love you guys!

Peace - Davina

No comments:

Post a Comment