Sunday, April 17, 2016

Hello from West Texas!



Hello from West Texas, land of hot days and cold nights, Mesquite trees, and rattlesnakes!


Life in Abilene is great; it's wonderful to be on this leg of our adventure with Dad!  I think maybe, finally, I’ve learned to NOT say, “I’ve arrived!” (LOL!)  It IS ironic, though, that almost two years ago, we thought we were DONE with non-profit ministries – FINISHED!  Little did we know, that what Dad had in store for us, was more challenging, more stretching, more frustrating, and more fulfilling, than anything we'd done in the past!


Getting Ready for the Monthly Leading in Life Webinar
A typical day “at the office” is … well, is there such a thing?  We do everything from producing webinars, to running errands!  A picture is worth - you know the saying - so feel free to browse our ministry page, The Institute For Biblical Leadership, leave us a comment, and download a FREE teaching (one of my favorites is Making the Bitter Sweet, recorded just a couple of months ago).


Mark, Setting up our Home
When the work day is done, we enjoy going home to our little paradise, a 5th wheel travel trailer and a couple of acres just outside of Clyde.  We are planning to build a “barndominium” here, with plenty room to host family and friends!


Our property just outside of Clyde, Texas
While we still miss our dear ones in East Texas, we have met some amazing new friends here.  It’s absolutely mind-boggling to me, just how God brings people together for His purpose, those with whom you have an instant connection and a mutually encouraging relationship!  Iron sharpens iron (Prov. 27:17).  Dad knew that we needed these precious people in our lives.


He always knows.


He always cares.


He always provides.


Thank you SO MUCH for reading my blog.  Soon I plan to start a focused blog of modern-day parables.  (I LOVE seeing the spiritual in the physical world!)  Also, I’m getting back to work on my first book, “They  Called Me Grace.”


Please pray for us, that God will increase our understanding of Him, as well as our influence in our world.  And pray for me, that I’ll stay FOCUSED and ENERGIZED!!


Thank you so much!


Peace,



Davina

No comments:

Post a Comment